Australian Satellite Communications Group (ASC)
ASC will review this policy over time in accordance to new laws and technological advances; the operation of the business and to ensure it remains relevant to the entity.
THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ASC collects personal information on clients to supply and provide them with telecommunications and information services.
Personal information provided by you: ASC will collect personal information by the way of forms being filled out, face to face contact, telephone and email. The type of information held may include your name, current and previous address, phone and fax numbers, email address & occupation. This is to enable ASC to provide you with the service you require.
HOW ASC MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used for a number of purposed connected to our business operations, this includes:
- Processing orders and/or applications
- Arranging payments and overseeing accounts
- Conducting relative credit checks.
- To assist the government, or any legal requirement abiding by the law in relation to a crime, legal proceedings or fraud.
WHO MIGHT ASC DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
For reasons outlined above, ASC may disclose your personal information to others outside of the company to:
- Assist companies to activate telephones or satellite equipment.
- Installation, maintenance, service repairs and engineers.
- Debt recovery.
- Your legally authorized representative.
- Credit reporting and fraud checking companies.
- Other companies associated in a transfer for the sale or part of our assets or business.
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants and auditors.
- Law enforcement agencies that may assist in the prevention of crime or fraud.
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The staff at ASC respects the confidentiality of its client’s personal information. Responsible steps are taken to ensure all Personal information collected, disclosed is current and up to date in a complete form. This information is stored in a secure and safe form so that authorized personal can be the only ones to access it.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Abiding by the Commonwealth Privacy Act, and individual has access to any personal information that the company holds. However, there are some exceptions outlined in the Act. If you would like to access your information please notify the Operations Manager at ASC.