MSAT by Australian Satellite Services
MSAT is a Maritime Broadband service provided by
Australian Satellite Services using our iDirect Broadband
platform and Seatel 4003/4006/6006 stabilised antenna
The service is an “always on”, shared
IP service capable of delivering broadband communications
to vessels operating in the Australia, New ZealandSouth
East pacific and South West Pacific region, and provides
internet, voice and fax services at very competitive
Our MSAT service enables you to sustain reliable
communication whether for business or leisure purposes,
on and off shore. The MSAT service is available for
cruise ships, fishing vessels, yachts, merchant/government
vessels and ferries.
Features and Benefits
• Transmission rate of up to 1024 kbps for
shore-to-vessel communications and up to 512 kbps
for vessel to shore communications (location and antenna
• IP access to the Internet and corporate networks
with unlimited data transfer allowance
• CIR and QoS settings to ensure high quality
voice and fax transmission. (1 PSTN number provided)
• Low cost Pre Paid domestic and international
voice rates - sell cards to your customers/staff.
• Wireless Access Point and Pre Paid Internet
Options to allow you to charge your customers for
services whilst onboard.
• 24/7 customer care and technical support
The vessel will be equipped with a Sea Tel 4006/6006
antenna system, comprised of Above Deck and Below
Deck equipment. The stabilised equipment is designed
specifically for maritime use and is able to withstand
extreme marine environments.
The MSAT service provides a broadband connection
via satellite from the vessel to the public Internet
and PSTN. The system performs similarly to any standard
terrestrial voice and data network. An Ethernet port
on the Below Deck Equipment allows users to connect
to a shipboard Local Area Network (LAN) or to stand
alone PCs onboard. In addition an RJ-11 analog FXS
telephone ports can be easily connected to an analogue
telephone or fax.
• High speed/low cost TX/RX in a 0.64 m,1 m
or 1.5 meter dish
• Three-axis servo controlled stabilisation
systems minimise signal drop out for extremely reliable
state-of-the-art communications, even in storm conditions.
• Excellent choice for yachting and Commercial
Ocean going vessels for voice, data and business applications.
• Internet, VoIP, Corporate Intra and Extranets.
• Efficient use of space, time and cost (small
footprint, high speed, cost efficient)
• Coverage from Australia, New Zealand and certain
areas of Western Pacific.
PDF data sheet for Maritime Service [754KB]
For further information please Contact